GNOME Board of Directors - candidate - Jim Hall

Hello. I would like to put forward my name for the GNOME Board of Directors. If elected, this will be my first term on the Board.

Name: Jim Hall
Email: jhall gnome org
Corporate affiliation: none

I have used GNOME since version 1.0, and since 2012 I have worked with GNOME on formal usability testing. I have been a member of the GNOME Foundation since 2014.

I continue to do usability testing with GNOME. I have mentored two cycles of GNOME usability testing as part of the GNOME Outreach Program for Women and for Outreachy. Starting May 23, I will mentor three more Outreachy interns in more usability testing for GNOME.

I figure it is time to do more with GNOME, so I am putting myself forward for the Board of Directors.

Outside of GNOME, I have been part of free/open source software communities since 1993. I have written or contributed to dozens of projects, but I am probably best known for the FreeDOS Project. I also write articles about free/open source software, including several in Linux Journal.

At work, I am the Chief Information Officer at Ramsey County, Minnesota, US.

Thanks,
Jim