Board of Directors Elections 2016 - Candidacy - Siska Iskandar

Name : Siska Iskandar
Email : siskandar gnome org
Affiliation : none

Hello Foundation Member,
I would like to announce my candidacy for the Board of Directors this year.

I started to involved in GNOME two years ago when I became involved with the planning for GNOME.Asia Summit 2015 http://2015.GNOME.Asia and fell in love with its mission. At first, I love how people at GNOME is eager to learn a new thing and share all the finding or knowledge around the other. Ever since then I continue to join the community and learn a lot about GNOME community.

In the 2015 GUADEC I present lightning talk about how the GNOME.Asia 2015 is succeed. I bring a spirit for people who attend GUADEC as I flew for more than 35 hours to Gutenberg. I meet so many inspiring people that I always wanted to share in my country.

I volunteer my time helping computer newcomers become acquainted with GNOME. After returning to my country, I continue a movement called Perempuan Sadar Teknologi in Indonesia. It is a movement to helping motherhood and housewives to use FOSS. They are a very base user with no experience use FOSS at all.  I introduce them to GNOME and the community.

I am also one of the GNOME Engagement Team member. I helped Social Media Planning in April for GNOME.Asia Summit 2016. I helped spread the words for CFP, in the middle of event, and other activities.

I want to join the Board to help GNOME increase its reach to more people as  my experience with end user that give me different perspective on GNOME.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you.

--
All the best,
Siska Iskandar