Minutes of the Board Meeting of September, 29th, 2015

= Minutes for Tuesday, September 29th, 2015, 19:00 UTC =

Next meeting date Tuesday, October 6th, 2015, 19:00UTC

== Attending ==

 * Shaun McCance
 * Rosanna Yuen
 * Cosimo Cecchi
 * Christian Hergert
 * Allan Day
 * Jeff F. T.
 * Ekaterina Gerasimova

== Regrets ==

 * Andrea Veri

== Missing ==

== Board meeting ==

 * COLA increase paperwork for Rosanna
   * Missing some paperwork from Shaun still

 * Funding Outreachy internships
   * Request to find one outreachy internship for $6.5k
   * Last year we gave $5.5k for one internship. This year would be $5.5k for the internship, $500 for travel 
and $500 for conservancy
   * We budgeted about that much for outreach
   * Marina is also asking whether she can ask other companies sponsorship for that very same or other GNOME 
slots on behalf of the foundation
     * But if we don't sponsor an intern she won't bother asking other companies about a slot for GNOME
     * Board unanimously agrees Marina should reach to those companies to ask for sponsorship
   * VOTE: commit to spend $6.5k on one internship via Outreachy, and ask if we can handle the $500 for the 
travel sponsorship instead of Outreachy handling it
     * +1 Shaun, Jeff, Allan, Christian, Kat, Cosimo
     * VOTE passed
   * ACTION: Kat to reply to Marina

 * Rolling agenda
 * GUADEC debrief
 * Action items:
  * Trademark renewal (Kat)
    * Still ongoing
  * Ubuntu GNOME agreement follwup with Pam (Allan)
    * More movement today; there's a draft of a reply that Allan wants feedback on
  * HELLOTUX (Allan)
    * Ready to be sent. We got materials back from Pam and can be actioned
  * GNOME logo use by podiatrist (Shaun)
    * No progress
  * Logo usage for tshirts (Jeff)
    * No progress
  * Trademark-infringing swag (Cosimo)
    * Items were taken down, need to follow up if we want a trademark agreement

  * Freedesktop hackfests with Groupon money (Kat)
  * Privacy funds hackfest (Sri, Christian)
    * ACTION: Shaun to invite Sri to a future meeting to explain what he's thinking
  * ilovewhatido.eu (Allan)
    * Need to follow up

 * Open items:
  * GUADEC 2016
  * Annual report
    * Done, need to send out to the website
    * Need to print copies and ship them out
      * Open question how to do that
    * Need list of people that need the report. Which ones require personalized letters?
    * Could use last year's report to evaluate how much it would be to ship it
    * ACTION (ongoing): Jeff to gather this data
  * ED search
  * Google Play account

== Discussed on the mailing list ==
 * ilovewhatido.eu
  * The people behind the ilovewhatido.eu store asked for permission to design, manufacture and sell 
GNOME-branded products through their online store
  * They intend to donate some of the profits back to the GNOME Foundation
  * The Board is going to evaluate the case and get back to them

 * Alexandru Cojocaru is asking for permission to manufacture GNOME-branded t-shirts for the 
zazzle.com/freesoftwarelove shop
  *  The Board is going to evaluate the case and get back to him

== Completed actions ==
 * Kat to write to Pam and ask to proceed with renewal
 * Kat to communicate travel budget allocation to Travel committee
 * Communicating position on regional domain names (Kat, Cosimo)

== Pending action items ==
 * Allan will follow up with Pam with the result of further discussion about the Ubuntu GNOME logo (include 
GNOME Shell + Control Center in the agreement with an option for the Board to review)
 * Kat to draft a call for Free Desktop-style hackfests which would be sponsored with money raised for 
defence against Groupon
 * Christian to reach out to the ED Search committee and get some updates
 * Cosimo to ask Karen about the trademark-infringing mousepads and report his findings to the mailing list
 * Logo usage for t-shirts: Jeff to carry on with the process and follow up and have some general guidelines 
written down for future cases
 * Podiatrist possible trademark infringement: Shaun to check the trademark details for the GNOME logo and 
update the licensing page on the website
 * Allan to make a proposal for a different way to use the wiki/etherpad for action items, instead of using 
 * Jeff to get advisory board contact details from Karen. If this fails, we need to start developing our own 
contacts and record them on the wiki.
 *  Create a webpage for prior pants winners (Shaun and Allan)
 * Advisory Board meeting at GUADEC: Jeff to contact advisory board members by phone about joining the call 
on the 4th
 * Allan to follow up with Oliver Propst on Anual Report
 * Trademark-infringing swag (mousepads): Cosimo to follow up about possible future actions and send a 
proposal to the board
 * Cosimo to follow up in the upcoming meetings and prepare a version of the CoC to be finally considered 
final over all the GNOME yearly events
 * Kat to draft a proposal for a privacy policy for review
 * Kat to draft a contract template for future use organizations for which we handle money
 * Kat to propose privacy bounty T&C/rules for review
 * Andrea to write the Privacy policy for GNOME services
 * Allan will look at gnome-software privacy issues from a legal standpoint
 * Cosimo to draft a proposal for the photography policy at GNOME conferences to discuss on foundation-list
 * Christian to investigate the GNOME gifts situation
 * Sri to coordinate with engagement team to better standardize the licensing of GNOME artwork
 * Jeff to find existing fundraising brochure/proposal documents and come up with one for fundraising for a 




Debian Developer,
Fedora / EPEL packager,
GNOME Sysadmin Team Coordinator,
GNOME Foundation Membership & Elections Committee Chairman

Homepage: http://www.gnome.org/~av

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]