Board of Directors Elections 2015 - Candidacy - Magdalen Berns

Name: Magdalen Berns
Email: m berns thismagpie com
Affiliation: GSoC, The Scottish National Party (SNP), University of Edinburgh

Dear Foundation Members,

I currently maintain the java-atk-wrapper and I have been an accessibility contributor at GNOME since 2013. I would like to put my hat in for the directors election this year, because I believe that GNOME is in a great position to set the bar for GNU/Linux desktop accessibility and more generally, I feel I am able to contribute progressive ideas towards developing GNOME’s infrastructure with a view to helping it grow as an autonomous non-profit organisation.

An atmosphere where the contributors are made to feel supported and valued, is one that is more able to constructively motivate productivity; so as an elected director, I would strive to best represent your views by being open, direct, approachable, communicative and accountable in seeking feedback on matters which may arise throughout the term.

Please feel free to fire any questions you may have about my candidacy to the list and I will do my best to answer comprehensively.

Thanks,
Magdalen