Minutes of the Board Meeting of May, 15th, 2015

= Minutes for Friday, May 15th, 2015, 16:00 UTC =

== Attending ==
 * Rosanna Yuen
 * Marina Zhurakhinskaya
 * Jeff Fortin
 * Tobias Mueller
 * Ekaterina Gerasimova
 * Karen Sandler
 * Sriram Ramkrishna

== Regrets ==

== Missing ==
 * Andrea Veri

== Board meeting ==

 * GUADEC 2015:
  * Codethink now a confirmed sponsor!
  * FFKP agreement
   * New draft received, we need to send back v3 with our proposed
   * ACTION: Jeff & Karen to propose the draft amendment
  * Talks recordings
   * Handled by FSCONS folks this year, so not just on one person's shoulders?
   * ACTION: Tobi to check with Alexandre regarding sharing the raw
materials of last year's recordings
  * VOTE: Travel invitations fast-tracking
   * "Authorize GNOME Foundation representative (e.g. President) or
representative of a local organization which has an agreement to act
on behalf of the GNOME Foundation to issue invitation letters for a
conference or hackfest to the GNOME Foundation members, to people who
were offered sponsorship by the travel committee, and to accepted
speakers without having the board vote on issueing that letter to the
individual. Hackfest attendees don't qualify as accepted speakers. If
someone doesn't fall in any of the listed categories, the board will
need to vote about their request for the invitation on the individual
   * +1 from Karen, Marina, Jeff, Sri, Kat

 * Cosigning a letter against backdoors: do we officially support this?
  * As an objection letter it is fine, but it makes no mention of Free
& Open Source Software which makes it somewhat less compelling in our
  * Not really about signing or making a joint press release in
particular, it was (from our understanding) just asking for a
permission to list "GNOME" in the list of organizations amenable to
this cause
  * VOTE: shall we get back to James to voice our agreement while
mentioning the two previous points?
   * +1 Sri, Marina, Kat, Jeff; Karen abstains
   * ACTION: Jeff to get back to James about this

 * Adboard outreach

 * DEFERRED: Brainstorming ideas for the next adboard meeting
 * DEFERRED: WHS & Outreachy press release

== Discussed on the mailing list ==
 * Board of Directors elections
  * Andrea, on behalf of the Membership Committee, proposed a possible
timeline for the upcoming 2015 elections
  * No objections were raised and the timeline was sent to foundation-announce
  * https://mail.gnome.org/archives/foundation-announce/2015-May/msg00000.html

 * GNOME Foundation's policy for depicting GNOME in film/video.
  * A request was sent to board-list about a feature film that is
going to include a few scenes showing a computer running GNOME
  * Josh Triplett and Sri proposed a set of guidelines film / video
producers should follow when depicting GNOME on their productions
  * The policy will be made public for all the interested parties on

== Pending action items ==
 * HELLOTUX t-shirts with GNOME's logo: Sri to check with the
engagement team for validation for this, and then we'd need to sign a
formal agreement
 * Desktop Summit 2011 taxes: Kat to mail Marta back asking for more
details on how the total amount we should pay was reached
 * Board to follow up in the upcoming meetings and prepare a version
of the CoC to be finally considered final over all the GNOME yearly
 * Kat to create a private wiki page on the web services accounts
holders and passwords
  * Allan and Kat decided to go for a private git account instead for
security reasons
 * Kat to draft a proposal for a privacy policy for review
 * Kat to draft a contract template for future use organizations for
which we handle money
 * Kat to propose privacy bounty T&C/rules for review
 * Karen to write the Privacy policy for GNOME services
 * Karen will look at gnome-software privacy issues from a legal standpoint
 * Karen to draft a proposal for the photography policy at GNOME
conferences to discuss on foundation-list
 * Tobi to continue pursuing the fund collection in Europe
 * Tobi to talk to Andrea to move the PayPal data extraction scripts
over to the GNOME infrastructure
 * Sri to investigate better uses of adsense/adwords on the GNOME websites
 * Sri to communicate to Rosanna and work on the donation for the West
Coast hackfest
 * Sri, Marina, Kat to work on establishing criteria for drafting for
the hiring committee for the ED role
 * Sri to investigate the GNOME gifts situation
 * Sri to coordinate with engagement team to better standardize the
licensing of GNOME artwork
 * Jeff to find existing fundraising brochure/proposal documents and
come up with one for fundraising for a sysadmin



Debian Developer,
Fedora / EPEL packager,
GNOME Infrastructure Team Coordinator,
GNOME Foundation Board of Directors Secretary,
GNOME Foundation Membership & Elections Committee Chairman

Homepage: http://www.gnome.org/~av

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]