Board of Directors Elections 2014 - Candidacy - Andrea Veri

Name: Andrea Veri
Email: av gnome org
Affiliation: GNOME Foundation

Dear Foundation Members,

I would like to throw my hat in for this year elections and bring my
expertise and passion to fulfill Board's duties and challenges.

I've been part of the Foundation since late 2009 participating and
contributing in many GNOME teams and fields. While it's usually common
among applicants during elections (them being either political
or private for a certain foundation or association) to promise or
propose what they plan to do (in case of them being elected) for the
next term, I'd like to focus on my involvement on the GNOME Project
and my past work on the Foundation instead. This to let everyone know
how deeply I've been caring about GNOME and the awesome community
behind it.

Since the very beginning I revamped the Accounts Team bringing the
total number of open tickets to zero, at the same I made sure all the
relevant wiki pages with the policies and procedures were taken back
into an up-to-date status to avoid confusion between account
applicants.

Lately when I joined the GNOME Foundation Membership Committee I
firstly helped the team as a member processing the queue and reducing
the huge gap there was between new (tickets never being looked at) and
resolved (tickets that have been looked at and processed either
resulting in an approval or refusal of the applicant). The suggestions
and the huge passion I put on the team rewarded me with the Chairman
status. Since then the whole subset of wiki pages under the
/MembershipCommittee hat were updated and completely rebuilt. Lastly
but not last the Emeritus status [1] was born helping past members to
not lose some of the benefits they've been contributing hard to achieve.

But that's not all, thanks to Sriram Ramkrishna I lately joined the
GNOME Sysadmin Team revamping the GNOME Infrastructure from its
ground. I don't want to annoy you more about my contributions on this
field given the huge amount of announcements and blog posts I made
about the great work the GNOME Sysadmin Team has made during the past
year. (huge kudos goes to Patrick Uiterwijk as well for helping out
the team and providing support to users and developers on the various
support channels (IRC, mailing lists, Request Tracker) we provide)

Joining the Board of Directors would give me a chance to take my
passion and willingness aboard making sure my action items will be
taken care of in the fastest and best way as possible.

Thanks for your attention and have an awesome day,

[1] https://wiki.gnome.org/MembershipCommittee/EmeritusMembers

--

Cheers,

Andrea