Minutes of the Board meeting of July 1st, 2014

wiki: https://wiki.gnome.org/FoundationBoard/Minutes/20140701

= Minutes for Tuesday, July 1st, 2014, 16:00 UTC =

== Next meeting ==
 * Friday, July 18th, 2014, 16:00 UTC

== Attending ==
 * Joanmarie Diggs (previous board)
 * Ekaterina Gerasimova
 * Emmanuele Bassi (previous board)
 * Rosanna Yuen
 * Andreas Nilsson (previous board)
 * Marina Zhurakhinskaya
 * Andrea Veri
 * Jeff Fortin
 * Tobias Mueller

=== Regrets ===
 * Karen Sandler

=== Missing ===
 * Sriram Ramkrishna

== Board Meeting Agenda ==

 * Welcome new board!
  * This is the first meeting with both the outgoing and incoming board.
  * People on the outgoing board are invited in advisory capacity
until the official hand over meeting at GUADEC
  * Only newly elected (and re-elected) board members can vote
  * Are officials going to be appointed at GUADEC?
   * We have early regrets from Karen and Tobi, who are going to be
travelling on the 25th
   * We should move the appointment of the new officers of the board
to the meeting before GUADEC
  * Explanation of the procedures of the board
   * Voting
   * Conflict of interests
   * Further discussion at the in person meeting at GUADEC

 * Monthly financial update
  * Financial year starts on October 1st
   * We generally should have a budget by that date
   * If we don't have a budget within 30 days the board voted to
automatically freeze all non-essential expenditures
  * Outlook of the financial situation of the Foundation for the
benefit of the new board members
   * Something to do for the upcoming year is to ensure companies are
invoiced at the start of January to mitigate delays
   * Sent out new invoices for GUADEC sponsoring
   * We have sent all the adboard invoices
    * After they have been paid, we are going to rely on personal donations
   * We are also holding money for other organizations
    * This money is in our care, but it's not ours to use

 * Events
  * GUADEC 2014
   * Sponsors
    * New sponsors from China
     * Added GUADEC sponsorship on top of their GNOME.Asia one
     * The board would like to thank Emily Chen for her work
    * Canonical reached out to us
    * We should try to get more sponsors
     * Marina is contacting Collabora, Mozilla, and the Linux Foundation
     * Marina also wants to contact CERN - European organization,
employs GNOME developers, uses RHEL
    * Possibly have lower rungs of sponsorship for smaller
    * Party sponsorship is another venue of funding
     * Not necessarily cheaper, depending on the location and type of the party
    * '''ACTION''': Jeff to follow up with potential sponsors for
GUADEC and brainstorm new ideas
    * People to follow up on authorization for two invitations to GUADEC on-list
   * Funds
    * GUADEC 2013 leftover money has been transferred to LiLo for GUADEC 2014
    * Approx USD 4000
   * Travel sponsorships
    * Committee is almost done with sponsorship requests
    * Under budget
    * Some last minute requests
   * Pending vote for invitation letters for GUADEC
    * To be completed on the list
  * GNOME.Asia
   * Leftover funds: USD ~6000
   * Discussed on board-list to have Emily Chen hold on to those funds
to reimburse travel sponsorship from China
    * Easier to bypass all the issues with moving funds back and forth
    * Emily will transfer the leftover funds after reimbursements
    * Expected: USD 2000

 * Receiving Donations in the EU via the WHS
  * No new update

 * Gandi discounts / promo codes for Foundation Members
  * Andrea has followed up with Gandi
  * Andrea is going to send an email after getting more information

 * Next meeting
  * Potential conflcts for various new/old board members
  * To be discussed on the board list

== Discussed on the mailing list ==

 * Privacy campaign
 * Visa fees reimbursements

== Pending action items ==
 * All Directors to reply Andreas's/Kat's email on board list about
visa fees reimbursements
 * Andreas to put together a GNOME supporter card for our donors
 * Andreas, Joanie to draft thank you letters to our donors
 * Andreas to investigate the GNOME gifts situation
 * Andreas to ask Karen and Pam how much we should  disclose to the
community about the ongoing discussion with Groupon
 * Emmanuele to send Zana and Tobi an update on FoG donors gifts
 * Emmanuele to draft a date and time for the post-release meeting
 * Joanie to draft a proposal for the photography policy at GNOME
conferences to discuss on foundation-list
 * Joanie and Karen to meet and discuss about the photography policy
for GNOME events
 * Kat to create a private wiki page on the web services accounts
holders and passwords
  * Allan and Kat decided to go for a private git account instead for
security reasons
 * Kat to draft a proposal for a privacy policy for review
 * Kat to draft a contract template for future use organizations for
which we handle money
 * Kat to contact Karen and Pam about the trademark use request from
Carol Hanson
 * Karen to write the Privacy policy for GNOME services
 * Karen will look at gnome-software privacy issues from a legal standpoint
 * Marina to contact the GNOME.Asia local team on their current budget
 * Tobi to continue pursuing the fund collection in Europe
  * Tobi to draft a new WHS agreement after the feedback from the board
 * Tobi to talk to Andrea to move the !PayPal data extraction scripts
over to the GNOME infrastructure
 * Sri to investigate better uses of adsense/adwords on the GNOME websites
 * Sri to communicate to Rosanna and work on the donation for the West
Coast hackfest
 * Sri, Marina, Kat to work on establishing criteria for drafting for
the hiring committee for the ED role
 * Zana to check the inventory of merch she has in storage (low priority)
 * Rosanna to contact Emily about the state of the GNOME.Asia payment

W: http://www.emmanuelebassi.name
B: http://blogs.gnome.org/ebassi/

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]