GNOME Foundation Board Candidacy: Shaun McCance

Name: Shaun McCance
Email: shaunm gnome org
Affiliation: Syllogist LLC (freelance)

I've been an active GNOME contributor for about nine years, mostly
involved with the documentation team. I'm currently serving on the
board of directors in my first term, and serving as treasurer. I'd
like the opportunity to serve GNOME for another term.

If elected, I want to work to make our treasurer duties simpler and
more understandable, whether as the treasurer again or as an advisor
to a new treasurer. The treasurer role is inevitably difficult for
somebody without a background in accounting. We need to make sure we
can smoothly transition year to year, because handling GNOME's money
is one of the most important things the Foundation does.

--
Shaun