GNOME Foundation Board candidacy: Andreas Nilsson

Name: Andreas Nilsson
e-mail: andreas andreasn se
Affiliation: None (freelancer)

I've been involved in GNOME since 2005 doing a variety of things. Mainly graphics and websites. I served on the Board of Directors between 2010 and 2011. If I get elected, I want to primary focus on two things. Fundraising and getting new developers. I want to make our fundraising campaigns really effective and make it as fun and rewarding to make donations to the GNOME project as possible. I'm happy that we have now been able to release the new, more effective Friends of GNOME site, but there is more we can do in this area. For new developers, I'm happy with the outcome of the GSOC and WOP's we've been running, and we should continue to do these, but I also want to make sure the inroads for potential contributors who visit our website is as clear as possible. I'm sure I will get very much tangled up in whatever pops up during the way for the board (as things tend to do), but I will keep these two items in mind as goals for the term.

- Andreas