Candidacy: Diego Escalante Urrelo
- From: Diego Escalante Urrelo <diegoe gnome org>
- To: foundation-list <foundation-list gnome org>, foundation-announce <foundation-announce gnome org>
- Cc: elections gnome org
- Subject: Candidacy: Diego Escalante Urrelo
- Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 15:45:39 -0500
Name: Diego Escalante Urrelo
Email: diegoe gnome org
Affiliation: Igalia S.L.
I'm Diego, 22, from good old Lima - Perú. I've been involved
since 2006, I've contributed with code, bug triaging, accounts
administration, promotion with/at events, organization, Board, etc.
I love GNOME and our community, it's awesome :).
Motivation for this period
I think I've gathered important experience from my time on the
Board; I contribute more, and better, as time passes.
For this period I'm interested in new opportunities for GNOME to get
more funding, supporting new hackfests, keeping a close relationship
with our worldwide community and improving our marketing.
I look forward to also keep doing a good job following up with
topics, assuming more roles and transfering experience to new Board
What I did this period in the Board
* Worked on the GNOME Women Outreach Program with Marina and
Stormy, should launch soon (you are welcome to help!)
* Launched Foundation IRC meetings.
* Defined the work flow for hackfests and put together the New
* Started an internal+periodical 360° review process for the
Board with Stormy.
* In general I have tried to follow discussed issues closely,
giving timely feedback and also trying to get opinions from people
outside the Board (when possible).
* Outside the Board I try to be involved in discussions on
mailing lists, lately in the marketing list. I've even tried to
control some flames. I've also helped Stormy and Ruben
maintaining the twitter/identi.ca/fb accounts.
Thanks for reading and considering me!
0 - http://live.gnome.org/GnomeWomen/OutreachProgram
1 - http://live.gnome.org/Hackfests/New
] [Thread Prev