Minutes 2003 Aug 12

     Minutes of the Board meeting Aug 12 2003


   Nat Friedman (char)
   Luis Villa
   Jonathan Blandford
   Glynn Foster
   James Henstridge
   Jody Goldberg
   Jim Gettys
   Tim Ney
   Daniel Veillard (+45)

   Bill Haneman
   Miguel de Icaza
   Jeff Waugh

Completed Actions:

    ACTION : Jeff to forward link on Madrid Protocol to Tim
	: Done.

    ACTION : Tim to check with lawyers on applicability of Madrid Protocol
	: Done.

    ACTION : Daniel and Nat to add  trademark legal paper work to advisory
	     board agenda.
	: Done.  Nat added it to his list.

    ACTION : Jeff send 2.4 release notes suggestions to marketing-private list
	: Done

    ACTION : Luis to generate a list of GNOME differentiating factors
	: Done

    ACTION: Thanks: Wilson-Sonsini for working pro-bono
            Red Hat for bandwidth
        in newsletter and on the foundation site
	: Pending newletter
	: Will go onto new website too

    ACTION: Tim to look into merchandising options around our logo and
        GUADEC proceedings
	: Ongoing.

    ACTION: Nat to get the charter amended to reflect the current consensus
	: Nat sent something, but no formal adoption process has be done.

    ACTION: Nat and Jody to draft a short list of projects to propose for
	: Pending.   Jody will send a start to list.

    ACTION: Nat to collect advisory board slides and post them
	: pending

    ACTION: Put the confidentiality policy on website
	: Sent and reviewed on list.  We need to put it on the web
	and add links to it from the .sig lines of all board and
	advisory board emails.
	: Pending Nat.

    ACTION: Daniel to request and review by-laws of the proposed German GNOME
    	Association "GNOME Deutschland e.V."
	: Pending.
    ACTION : Daniel to check with Nat and schedule the advisory phone call,
	: Pending

    ACTION : Luis poll the release team for roadmap.
	: Ongoing.  Being delayed until 2.4 is out.

    ACTION : Jim, find status of GPE announment from Leslie & Nils
	: Ongoing

    ACTION: Tim to produce a proto-budget for next year based on this year's
    	fiscal results.
	: Ongoing, will be reviewed with Jonathan for presentation in Sept.

    ACTION : Leslie to produce a schedule of conferences for the next 6 months.
	: Pending real life.

New Actions:

    ACTION : Look into summit in Mid-Nov in southern US or Mexico.  Need to
    	know by next meeting.

    ACTION : Nat send RFP for summit location.

    ACTION : Glynn to coordinate a call with GNOME Deutschland e.V. to update them

    ACTION : Jody & Nat to send announcement and proposed agenda for advisory
    	     board meeting.


    Approved Minutes from 2003/07/29

    Ximian purchased by Novel
	- Congratulations to Ximian
	Nat : Overview Novell committment to GNOME.
	    - expect some announcements in the coming weeks

	- Seems like a number of people are working on printing now, possibly
	  hold a printing mini-summit or tele-conference.
	- Jim has some done some review of the current state of printing

	- Feb in Chicago is
	    1) Fairly close to GUADEC
	    2) Cold
	- Nov would be good time

	: Contact Team Norway to review options
	: Publicise request for venue

	: Need to get payment mechanism in place
	: Contact FSF
	: No need to get certificate for website now, continue to use self signed
	: Would assist at shows with internet connected booths because we could
	  accept credit cards.

    GNOME Deutschland e.V.
	: Contact them to review current status

    Advisory board meeting
	: Aim for a meeting first week of sept
	: Propose basic agenda

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]