Re: Misplaced accents in small sizes of Bitstream Vera

On Sun, 31 Oct 2004, Michael Fedrowitz wrote:

We (DejaVu developers) think that the problem is with TT hinting.

The problem is that composite characters aren't hinted at all in Vera.
You have the hinting of the base glyph and the hinting of the diacritic,
but there's nothing to glue them properly together.

Does this mean that each referenced glyph is hinted, but as a whole they are not aligned as they should or does it mean that there is no hinting at all? I was not able to find the answer in TT specs. Thanks.

Have a nice day.

Stepan Roh