Misplaced accents in small sizes of Bitstream Vera

Hello.

Several people reported that TTF version of DejaVu fonts has misplaced accents in small sizes (10pt and below). It was reported that Bitstream Vera (of which DejaVu is derivative) has the same problem. It was also reported that the problem occurrs with both FreeType and Windows renderers.

We (DejaVu developers) think that the problem is with TT hinting. However because the proper evidence is being collected I wanted to ask if someone experienced the same problem with Bitstream Vera or knows the solution. Thank you.

Have a nice day.

Stepan Roh