Re: Latin Extended-B teaser

Charles Smith wrote:
Danilo and all,

Okay, I didn't realize you were all working on GNU/Linux systems.  A friend
gave me a copy of Knoppix V3.3, so that's the closest thing to Linux I have.
I have a few questions.  First, which OS would you recommend?  Second, I've
heard about having two OSs on one's system (double booting), but I have no
idea how to go about it.  Please help!  I apologize for not working under
the same operating system as you all, I'm sure it's a big problem for the
organizer of the project to have a totally different system.  Any help you
could give me would be appreciated.  Thanks.

well, you don't absolutely need to go to linux - you might try fontforge on windows first - see http://fontforge.sourceforge.net/faq.html#windows but i suppose a unixey os will be easier for some things.

the advantage to fontforge over something that just edits .ttf files or its own internal format is that its quite easy to exchange a subset of change you have done or just one change to a character.

Regards,

Charles D. Smith

--

	Sander

'Bongo Fluffernutter, at your service' he said with a sweeping bow.
'Nice place you got here, Elrond. Love the old-world craftmanship'