Re: semicondensed fork

Rob wrote:
I spent a little time with Vera Sans in pfaedit, and came up with a surprisingly nice semicondensed version that sorta looks like Tahoma and makes an awesome body/screen font. Per the license, I changed the name (to Toga Sans). I also didn't mention Bitstream or GNOME when submitting to Freshmeat, but I didn't see how to explain what I did on my actual site without mentioning Bitstream Vera Sans. If anyone thinks I'm screwing Bitstream and/or GNOME by what I've done, please let me know what I can do to fix it.

My Bitstream Vera offshoot is called Nonesuch Arev ... I didn't change the base, it is a derivatrive that has quite some additional characters, mostly compositions for latin extended a, b, additional and ipa extensions plus a small amount of kerning. And some very light drawing of new shapes. Coverage is not equal between all the different variants. I am more than happy tohand my chnages over to somebody if they find a good home - my ability to spend time on this is at best exteremely erratic.

http://freshmeat.net/projects/togasans/
http://www.binara.com/toga/

A couple of things you might want to check -
	* making sure all the myriad of places bitstream and vera are
	  mentioned inside the font were changed
	* that pfaedit didn't truncate the licence thats embedded in one
	  of the fields inside the font- it did for me 8-(

Thanks.
Rob Kudla