Re: semicondensed fork

On Thursday 02 October 2003 22:50, CodeMan38 wrote:
> However, the fonts won't load on my WinXP machine, probably
> because of the strange character encoding and the excessive
> number of empty characters in the font. (Not *unassigned*
> characters, but *empty* ones-- there are 65,000 or so glyphs
> that have been assigned to characters but that contain
> nothing, from what I can see in PFAedit.) Is there any way you
> could take care of that? It's tedious to remove all the
> characters in PFAedit (I tried doing it automatically, and it
> just froze), and using other programs, I haven't much better
> luck trying to open the font.

All I have is pfaedit myself, and when I do the "condensed view"
thing it's sure not showing me 65K blank glyphs.  I'm not sure
what the deal is, but I don't have access to a Windows machine.
I could certainly buy that there's a problem since the fonts are
considerably larger than the TTF files of Vera Sans and
variants.

If it matters, I'm using the most recent pfaedit (030929).  The
.sfd (pfaedit native format) files are up on the site as well if
that will provide any clues.  Maybe the TTF export is messed
up.... on earlier versions of pfaedit, when I would adjust the
width of the metrics it would coredump every time I tried to
generate a TTF.

Rob