Re: Bitstream Vera fonts rpm (fontconfig vers

----- Original Message -----
From: "Owen Taylor" <otaylor redhat com>

> I don't see any great harm if you end up doing fc-cache -f on Red Hat
> because it has version 2.1 of fontconfig, even though it has the
> fixes in question.

Well, it's slower, inelegant and you've just confirmed it's not necessary
for the fontconfig RH ships.

But I think I'll do it anyway just for robustness.

> I feel like I should comment on your spec file, but I'll avoid doing,
> because I'd have enough trouble telling you how to make a spec file
> for fonts that is portable across Red Hat versions, much less across
> different distributions;

I'd be grateful for any comment sure (hear, hear). I use this packaging in
quite a lot of spec files and I'd certainly be interested in fixing what
should be fixed.

http://people.redhat.com/otaylor/tmp/fonts-arabic/fonts-arabic-1.3-1.src.rpm
> Note in particular the use of %ghost. (Your package will most
> likely leave a directory behind if you install it then uninstall it.)

Well, right now it won't because it'll do a rm -fr if no .ttf files are
found in the fontdir in postun.
It's real ugly but the alternative is to register/ghost every single file
name every fontsystems generation will create in the font directory, and I
don't have a full list handy.

I will look at your spec though, it's been almost a year I didn't check RH
font handling.

Cheers,

--
Nicolas Mailhot