Re: Bitstream Vera fonts rpm

Le jeu 17/04/2003 à 20:06, Jim Gettys hp com a écrit :
> Here's the issue about running fc-cache...
>
> "fc-cache" by itself should have been sufficient to cause just the
> affected cache files to get redone.
>
> But prior to fontconfig 2.2 (about to be released), on some systems
> (including my laptop), there has been a bug such that the right cache
> files don't get computed/written when they should.  I believe Keith thinks
> this bug has been fixed.
>
> The workaround prior to 2.2 is to execute a "fc-cache -f" to force
> redoing *all* of the cache files.  This can be time consuming on systems
> with lots of fonts, but it at least works reliably, so that installed
> fonts actually appear.
>
> "fc-cache -V" will tell you fontconfig's version number.  Ideally (presuming
> the bug is really dead), you'd check the version number, and only run
> with the "-f" option if you see old versions of fontconfig.

Well, this doesn't help a lot, current RedHat Raw Hide fontconfig
package is at 2.1.9 but fc-cache -V gives 1.0.2.
I guess they didn't see fit to patch -V like they did the rest of
fontconfig. So fc-cache -V is not terribly useful on RH systems.

I've never seen this bug on RH. However the fc-cache command is already
in the spec file, if you think -f is worth it adding it is trivial. Do
you want me to do it/send the resulting rpms somewhere ? Obviously I
won't post them on a mailing list.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot