Re: How dead is f-spot

Work on bringing F-Spot back to life is ongoing.

I'm currently working on building packages for Debian Stretch and Ubuntu Xenial. My most recent package is available in my PPA:

https://launchpad.net/~christopher-hoskin/+archive/ubuntu/ppa

Please note that this is NOT ready yet. Currently it crashes when you try to import pictures.

Development is happening on GitHub:

https://github.com/mono/f-spot

Discussion here:

https://gitter.im/mono/f-spot

I expect help would be welcomed!

Christopher

On 5 January 2016 at 14:53, Adam Tauno Williams <awilliam whitemice org> wrote:
On Mon, 2014-12-08 at 15:03 -0500, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
> On Sat, 2014-12-06 at 13:52 -0500, Jack wrote:
> > Gentoo just marked f-spot as dead with the comment "Dead for 4
> > years,
> > relies on obsolete lcms, bundles a lot of libs.  Removal in a
> > month."
> There was work on the LCMS dependency.  I'm not sure where that ended
> up.
> It still works well for me, but yeah... someday.

I've converted to Shotwell.  With this version [0.22.0-1.4.x86_64] it
has worked well and the import was flawless.  Duplicate detection seems
effective, tags were preserved. and the library monitoring is really
nice.

> Do any of the alternatives support hierarchical tagging like f-spot
> does?  Last I looked shotwell[*1] did not.

It does

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383