Re: How dead is f-spot

On Mon, 2014-12-08 at 15:03 -0500, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Sat, 2014-12-06 at 13:52 -0500, Jack wrote:
Gentoo just marked f-spot as dead with the comment "Dead for 4
years,
relies on obsolete lcms, bundles a lot of libs.  Removal in a
month."
There was work on the LCMS dependency.  I'm not sure where that ended
up.
It still works well for me, but yeah... someday.

I've converted to Shotwell.  With this version [0.22.0-1.4.x86_64] it
has worked well and the import was flawless.  Duplicate detection seems
effective, tags were preserved. and the library monitoring is really
nice.

Do any of the alternatives support hierarchical tagging like f-spot
does?  Last I looked shotwell[*1] did not.

It does

I would like something GNOMEish that fits nicely in the GNOME
environment.
[*1]  And I'm still a bit bitter about the whole Shotwell thing -
when they could have just contributed to an existing application].

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383