Problems with conflicting cairo assemblies while compiling f-spot from git

Hi there,

I am trying to compile f-spot master from git (I can't use the
release, because I need my patch supporting the Samsung RAW files
there). After installing a lot of things, I am still running into this
problem:

CSC: error CS1705: Assembly `gdk-sharp, Version=2.12.0.0,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=35e10195dab3c99f' references
`Mono.Cairo, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=0738eb9f132ed756' which has a higher version number
than imported assembly `Mono.Cairo, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=0738eb9f132ed756'

There are both cairo versions installed, I can't uninstall them
without moving other packages like mono-devel.

i A libmono-cairo2.0-cil            - Mono Cairo library (for CLI 2.0)
i A libmono-cairo4.0-cil            - Mono Cairo library (for CLI 4.0)

I am using Ubuntu, but I have the latest mono from xamarin installed.

How do I tell f-spot to use only one of those? And if this would be
the solution, which is the correct one?

Thanks and regards
Paul Wellner Bou