Re: State of my RAW integration project.

So, I have posted a report concluding this first half of GSoC: http://polymeris.github.io/2013/07/29/the-end-of-gsocs-first-term-is-near/
You can download the Add-in's mpack from: http://polymeris.github.com/bin/FSpot.ExternalDeveloper_0.1.mpack
Let me know how (if at all) it works for you.
I do expect to spend quite some time next term fixing bugs, but the rest of the time, I can invest in other things. The video support idea is probably a bit out of scope (but maybe I am overestimating again), and I am not 100% convinced parametric RAW development is something that should be added to f-spot at this point. That's a rather complex new feature, and, I think, at this point it might be better to have the core f-spot things work well, than to add new stuff that could introduce new bugs. I am open to discussing this, though.

But, so far, I would be looking into what Stephen suggested: additional raw support for taglib-sharp.

Regarding the failure of f-spot on your distro, Arun, if it is Debian-based, maybe you are experiencing the same problem I did (and held me back for quite a while): some issues with the lcms (Little Color Managment) library. I worked around it by uninstalling colord (and it's dependants). It's not a solution, in the long term, but it makes f-spot run.

Regards,
Camilo

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 5:03 PM, Arun Persaud <apersaud lbl gov> wrote:
On 07/24/2013 12:21 PM, Stephen Shaw wrote:
> I got close. I'm done to the last little bit I think, but I've been
> very busy and distracted. :(
>
> I'm hoping to find some time soon to finish that up.

Is it available in some public git branch at the moment?

ARUN