Re: State of my RAW integration project.

On 07/22/2013 03:40 PM, Camilo Polymeris wrote:
Hello Stephen, F-Spot users and devs,

I am a bit behind in formal reports (which I am not sure you have got a
chance to read, anyways), so I am just writing a quick note to let you
know things are going forward well. So well, in fact, I am not sure what
I am going to do next GSoC term.  Everything I had planned is mostly
done, except for Darktable integration, which I hope to be able to
finish this week.

I completely overestimated the difficulty of the project: In part
because F-Spot code is cleaner than I thought, and in part because C#
makes rapid development much easier than I expected.

After that, what remains is testing, and a few items in the "Ideas" column.
For the former, I need help: I wonder if we can host the .mpack
somewhere easily accesible, so I can invite other F-Spot users to try
the Add-in. As for the latter, as far as I can tell, the remaining items
require that I actually hack on F-Spot (as opposed to an Addin). I would
prefer to do that on the HEAD of the repo, but the gnome.org
<http://gnome.org> version is giving me some compatibility issues (Hyena
no longer included?), while mono/f-spot on github hasn't been updated in
4 months. What's the state of the repos overall?

I'm happy to play tester, but currently my f-spot from my distribution
is not working:( and I get compile errors from master... so I can't run
f-spot right now

Arun