Re: GSoC Idea: Integration of external RAW developer software

Cool, I'm excited to hear about this... Keep me posted.

On Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 7:35 PM, Camilo Polymeris <cpolymeris gmail com> wrote:
Hi,
I asked on Gnome's GSoC list and, yes, f-spot falls under the scope of Gnome GSoC, at least in principle, since it is a gnome application. The alternative would be to implement this feature for the gnome "photos" app, but I don't know if, at this point, that app is mature enough for that. I have CC'd this mail to them and while we see if there feedback about this from the Gnome side, I will start working on a formal proposal, if that is ok with you, and looking at the code to see how the technical aspects of this idea would work.

Thanks,
Camilo

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Stephen Shaw <sshaw decriptor com>
Date: Tue, Apr 23, 2013 at 8:51 PM
Subject: Re: GSoC Idea: Integration of external RAW developer software
To: Camilo Polymeris <cpolymeris gmail com>
Cc: f-spot-list gnome org

I think it would be great to have someone work on f-spot and would be happy to mentor anyone that is willing to work on it. However, the only issue I can see with this is that I don't know if f-spot is part of any GSOC group. There was a try to get monkey space/square as an organization, but it was turned down.  F-Spot is an app on gnome and if its a project they are willing to support with GSOC, I'd be more than happy to have you work on it.

Thanks,
Stephen Shaw