Fixing date and moving the file to the correct directory

Hello everyone.

I'd like to fix the date on some of my files and make it permanent.

There's this solution for fixing the exif on each photo:
http://satreth.blogspot.com.br/2010/04/f-spot-date-fix.html

The script takes the date information from the sqlite database and updates the exif. The problem is that it doesn't move the file to the directory corresponding to the new date.

Can anyone please tell me how to both change the date and move the file to the correct directory?

Thanks,
Rafael.