Backing up F-Spot [Was: database problems]

Speaking of backups, I use the following to backup F-Spot -

DB_LOCATION="$HOME/.config/f-spot/photos.db"
echo ".dump" | sqlite3 $DB_LOCATION > f-spot.sqlite.backup
echo "PRAGMA integrity_check;" | sqlite3 $DB_LOCATION
echo "VACUUM;" | sqlite3 $DB_LOCATION
tar cvf FSpot-`date +%Y%m%d`.tar \
  f-spot.sqlite.backup \
  $HOME/.config/f-spot \
  Photos

This exports a copy of the photos.db database, does an integrity check,
and performs a vacuum.  I don't know when, of if, F-Spot itself performs
the integrity check or vacuum operations.

See also -
<http://www.whitemiceconsulting.com/2011/11/all-those-sqlite-databases.html>