I wrote a short 'How to add an add-in for f-spot'

How to write an add-in for f-spot
=================================

1) Check out the source as described on http://f-spot.org/How_To_Build_from_HEAD

2) This was tested on the stable-0.8 branch, so do a

> git checkout stable-0.8

3) Create an add-in stub. A basic example is given by the 'RetroactiveRoll' add-in. Copy it and rename all path- and filenames and all the function- and variablenames in the files to your new add-in's name.

4) Edit configure.ac in the source's root and add this line at about line 380

src/Extensions/Category/FSpot.Tools.MyAddIn/Makefile

Where Category is one of:

Editors      - to edit pictures like remove red-eye, make b/w, etc.
Exporters    - to export pictures to websites, folders, media, etc.
Tools        - database operations, organize pictures, RAW-processing etc.
Transitions  - between pictures in the slideshow

(This will make sure that your add-in is built when make is called)

5) Edit src/Extensions/Category/Makefile.am and add your add-in.

(This includes your add-in in the configure process)

6) Edit build/build.environment.mk and add this line at about line 170

REF_FSPOT_EXTENSION_MYADDIN = $(LINK_FSPOT_DEPS)

Make sure that the variable name matches up with the one you entered in src/Extensions/Category/FSpot.Tools.MyAddIn/Makefile.am

(This makes sure that the right assembly parameters are added to the compiler call)

7) Configure and build as in the compile guide