hash for duplicates - removing duplicates

Hi all,
I was looking for this tool, I remember it was in the tools menu, but I
cannot find it anywhere.

It is spoken of in some posts, somewhere in the newsgroups, but only for
older version of the software.
Other posts refer to a field (md5_sum or something like that) in the
photos table (sqlite3 db) which I don't have.
I have tried with a fresh db, but the field is not created.
I have tried adding it manually (as text not null), but fspot menus
don't change.

When adding new pictures to fspot, duplicates seem to be not detected
too (flag is checked).

Has it been removed?

--
Massimo Citterio