Export tags hierarchy

Would it be possible to export in some format (e.g. XML) the tags hierarchy?
For example geeqie stores his own keyword tree inside his XML config file,
making backup and edit pretty straightforward.

I don't know if there is an easy way to extract the f-spot tag tree from the
database, maybe somebody already has a script for that? (I did not find
anything here or in the web).

Thanks.
Piergi

-----