adding a new exporter to F-spot ? (question for F-spot developers)

Hello,

I'd like to find out the possibility to include a new extension/exporter directly into F-spot.

rajce.net is the largest photo-sharing web site in Czech Republic, currently having about 500,000 users, sharing about 250,000,000 photos and videos grouped in 4,000,000 albums. We offer many possibilities how to upload photos from Windows platform (desktop application, webupload, shell extension, plugins for Lightroom, Picasa and Windows Live Gallery), but we'd like to cover somehow Linux platform too. The idea was to extend two existing possibilities (desktop application running under Wine, webupload) with plugins for favorite personal photo management applications (like F-spot is).
The first version of our plugin for F-spot has been almost completed, see attached picture (Fedora sample). My question sounds like that:
Would it be possible to include this exporter among built-in extensions of F-spot (by adding a source code to the tree and doing appropriate maintenance) ? Or is the current set of built/in extensions "closed", so our possibility is only to offer a separate "external" plugin for F-spot ?

Best regards
Petr Henych
rajce.net developer