Re: GSoC 2011: Synchronizing F-Spot data

ons 2011-04-06 klockan 09:28 -0400 skrev Tim Howard:
> I would consider it assuming I am even qualified to do so. I don't know what
> is required.
>

> Tim

It is hard to find information regarding the exact roles of a mentor.
There is a guide about mentoring here:
http://www.booki.cc/gsoc-mentoring/
but it seems to be mostly written from the perspective of an
organization. There is also this:
http://people.gnome.org/~federico/docs/summer-of-code-mentoring-howto/index.html
Which seems to be a bit easier to read. You could maybe ask on some IRC
channels as well, maybe #soc at irc.gnome.org

I think what it basically boils down to knowledge of the project and
guiding students into the code base and the community, and making sure
that the code written will be of sufficient quality to be acceptable to
the project :)

--
Simon Lindgren