Re: Ubuntu 11.04

On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 15:43, Tim Howard <timothy howard gmail com> wrote:
> Dotan, did you mean specifically what is happening to the GNOME experience
> on Ubuntu? This is not really an appropriate list to discuss this but even
> that is hardly a reason to send someone to KDE (not that there's anything
> wrong with that either). But somehow suggesting there is "something
> happening" to GNOME is ludicrous.
>
> Canonical is choosing to ship a different shell than the default GNOME one.
> A lot of people think that stinks but it's their choice. GNOME Shell will be
> available and it will be an easy swap. If anything I would suggest someone
> try a different distro that is shipping the GNOME experience as it is
> intended.
>
> There's nothing happening to GNOME except a truck load of awesome for GNOME
> 3.

Oh, no, flamewar ahead! You are right, this isn't the place to discuss
Gnome or Ubuntu. I'll not defend my position in the interest of
preserving the list integrity. If anyone wants to continue or to have
me defend my position, I'll happily do so on the Ubuntu-sounder (OT)
list or offlist.

Sorry for the inflammation.

--
Dotan Cohen