Re: Adding a new version of a photo

On Fri, 28 May 2010 00:48:35 +0200
Ruben Vermeersch <ruben savanne be> wrote:

> So yeah, that means you can drag and drop those three photos onto each
> other to be combined into one photo with three versions. Does that
> solve your problem?

I compiled F-Spot 0.7.0 into my system. Reparenting function starts
when a photo is dropped over another... nice, but I can see only the
dialog that asks for a confirmation (after clicking "Reparent"
F-Spot crash).
I also noted that F-Spot runs incredibly slow. I took a look at the CPU
usage using the top command and looks like F-Spot continuously runs
dcraw (f-spot and dcraw use 30% CPU each on my system)... can't guess
why. I'll revert to the Debian packaged F-Spot version.

BTW, this is a really nice improvement! Waiting for the stable
release. :)

Bye
   Jenner
--