I wanna write an extension! But where are the devs?

I have an idea for a plug-in to semi-automatically synchronize EXIF
timestamps. Maybe someone remembers me, I already wrote a prototype
which barely worked and asked a little about it in the IRC.

So I subscribed here, but there is like no traffic here? Are you guys
only hanging out in the IRC? Where do I wanna go to get in touch with
the active developers of F-Spot?

And is there more documentation on extensions than this?