Re: Why Shotwell?

I believe they don't want to include the Mono/C# libraries on the live CD, which is limited to 650M.

--Pat

On 30/06/10 04:57 PM, ceed wrote:
Hi,

I've been reading recently that Shotwell is going to be the new default
photo management tool for Ubuntu (and maybe even in Gnome). I'm an avid
F-Spot user but installed Shotwell just to check it out. I can not see
any reason why this should replace F-Spot, and when I read about
Shotwell as the "future if Linux photo management" there's never
anything about why it's should be the future. What is it that F-Spot
supposedly is missing making Shotwell a better option? I'm not an
applications developer, so I if it's something under the hood justifying
this change I would not see it. As for functionality I find F-Spot alone
to be a reason for using Gnome over KDE. There's nothing like it one
Linux as far as I can see. I'm also worrying that if this change happens
F-Spot is going to be left by the wayside. Please do not make that happen.