Re: Ubuntu PPA for 0.7

We're very careful when it comes to data-loss (I've recently added a set
of tests to ensure that we correctly upgrade databases), because that's
obviously something we don't like to see happening.

I also try to stabilize releases somewhat, but things may stop working
for a version. You should mostly read unstable as "things may break, but
your data should be rather safe". Nobody benefits from completely broken
software, so we try to keep it running well. It's just that there might
be slightly more bugs compared to a stable version. If you report those,
we'll try to get them fixed before the next big stable release (if
there's enough manpower to do so, help appreciated).

Do make backups though (and that's good advice for any situation). Also
keep in mind that the database version has changed in 0.7.0: you can't
simply downgrade again.