import into f-spot via external script.

Hi,

I have my own custom image import script that does file renames etc, and was wanting to be
able to trigger f-spot imports from that script.  I'm not sure if  this is possible, but I notice the
import code is currently being worked on, so this may be a good time to ask.  Is there a way,
given a list of filenames/URIs, to get f-spot to import them?  The closest I can seem to find so
far is f-spot-import, but that seems to be single directory based, and in my naming scheme
a given import contains files in a number of directories.  It doesn't matter if the import bypasses
the duplicate detection and any thumbnailing, since my import script already can handle both
of those itself.