contributing to f-spot

Hey,

I would like to contribute to f-spot. Recently I saw that you're working
on cleaning up the codebase. Are there some easy tasks to start with?
Anything somebody who isn't used to the codebase can complete?

Another thought: f-spot's sources looks rather chaotic in comparison to
other projects (for example banshee) which makes stepping in harder then
necessary. Wouldn't it be clever to rebase f-spot on the hyena library
to benefit from this functionality and furthermore split functionality
in smaller, more independent parts? What do you think?

kind regards,
Paul