Re: Want to "Save As" imported images

Hi Richard,

Richard Hill schrieb:
> I did install UFRaw over the weekend, with the aim of using it as a gimp
> plugin. I didn't realise it was compatible with F-Spot, so I will try this.
There is an F-Spot extension called "DevelopInUFraw", which adds a
context menu to RAW-Pictures to do Right-click -> Develop in UFRaw. You
can also do Batch-Processing when you select multiple pictures (images
are processed with the same settings as the last one developed).

> standalone. However, UFRaw rendered images quite different to F-Spot.
> The images looked absolutely great in F-Spot, but much darker in UFRaw -
> shadowed regions for example were almost black.
Try the curves from
http://fotogenetic.dearingfilm.com/fotogenetic_correction_curves_v4.zip
as "Base curve". And in "Corrections", up the contrast and saturation a
bit. This should give better results.
Also you can try to play with these two curves. I usually use one of the
two base curves and then play around with the "Correction" curve.

> Would anyone have any suggestions as to why this is, and which is
> "right" (hopefully F-spot)? I'm not doing any processing or altering
> of the image - just the default settings.
The image displayed in F-Spot is the one that is stored inside the
raw-File (see exiftool manual for how to extract them: "-JpgFromRaw")
and this is the camera-processed image.

Hope this helps,
Fabian