Re: Want to "Save As" imported images

Am Sonntag, den 18.07.2010, 10:38 +0100 schrieb James Hughes:
> On 18/07/10 03:00, Jan Girlich wrote:
> > Am Samstag, den 17.07.2010, 11:26 +0100 schrieb Richard Hill:
> >
> > > However I want to "Save As" some of the photos, to a different
> > > location. How do I do this? There does not seem to be a menu option.
> > >
> > Mark the pictures you want to save in a different location and then
> > export them to a directory. Does this do what you were looking for?
>
> It would be useful to have this feature (or something even simpler)
> accessible from the R-Click menu from both the image browser and the
> image itself. e.g. Select some images, and export directly to a USB
> stick for example. (Like the Windows "Send To.." option). The export
> to folder stuff is somewhat over-complicated for that simple task.

I agree. It happens often to me that I right-click on a picture and
wonder how to export or change the time, because I always expect all
possible operations on an object accessible when right-clicking on it.

BTW: you can simply drag'n'drop the pictures in any nautilus window or
on your Desktop.

Cheers
Jan