XMP Toolkit error 102

Hi.

When I tag photos with f-spot (0.6.1.5, 0.6.2 and 0.7.0) and then open
photos in other application (geeqie, exiv2, digikam) I receive this error
message:

XMP Toolkit error 102: Named children only allowed for schemas and structs

and my tags don't get loaded/read in those others apps.
The weird part is that *sometimes* it is like that, other times it is all
good.

I suspect that there has been a change in some library recently, because
this behaviour is mostly with new tagged photos (again, not *all* of them,
but I was not able to track that).

Googling the error only leads to a German forum (but my German is almost
useless).

Thanks if somebody can point me to the right direction.
Piergi