Re: Moving photos to another partition

Dianne,
I'm no expert but I had a similar situation a few months back.
Symlinks can make files appear to be where they are not.  You could
create a symlink from the XP partition to make it appear as if it is
located under /home where your photos were (do this after you've
actually moved them) ... this is what I did and it worked.  That would
only work if you are moving your entire photo collection to that
partition.  Alternatively if you wanted to keep the existing photos
whre they are, and make the new partition to appear like its own
subfolder under /home/yourname/Photos/ or whatever, you could symlink
it to a subfolder of Photos and only add new photos to it, not try to
mix old and new.

The one thing you don't want to do is start moving photos piecemeal
... it seems like Fspot has no facility for dealing with that.

Does anyone know if f-spot will someday have the ability to move
photos around from within itself (i.e., the database would know the
new photo locations)?  It would be a huge help ... other people seem
to hack the sqlite database but that's more skill than i want to
learn.
Mary