Moving photos to another partition

I have a spare XP partition which I plan to reallocate to my Ubuntu
system (9.10), either by deleting it and expanding /home, or by using it
as a separate partition for photos and music.

If I use it as a separate partition, how easy will it be to change my
F-spot so that it looks at the new partition, doesn't think that there
are still photos on my /home partition, or thinks I have two sets
(on /home and new partition)?

And are there any advantages or disadvantages for either setup with
F-spot?

My F-spot version is 0.6.1.5.

TIA
Dianne