Re: Tagging all photos matching a certain filename

the simple way would be to write a shell script and create sql commands to insert the tag entry into the tag table in the database. If you spend a few minutes looking at the database schema you will see that it would be much easier than doing it indirectly. You could also use the same
script to pull out the path to each photo and use one of the command
line exif programs to update the tag in the photo.

I think it would be nice if we could collect a set of user contributed
command line scripts to help people do this sort of update.  Command
line tools are often much faster than using the gui.

Sorry for the lack of details.

Good luck,

--
Steve Herber	herber thing com		work: 206-221-7262
Software Engineer, UW Medicine, IT Services	home: 425-454-2399