Re: F-Spot DPAP (iPhoto) support with libdmapsharing?

On Tue, Dec 14, 2010 at 1:11 PM, W. Michael Petullo <mike flyn org> wrote:
I'd like to introduce the F-Spot developers to libdmapsharing, available
at http://www.flyn.org/projects/libdmapsharing/.

Michael, thanks for the introduction to libdmapsharing. :)

I am very interested in finding someone who could
help write a C# wrapper for libdmapsharing.

This is definitely the right place for that - or at least one of them I suppose. I am interested because one of my goals is to get my hands dirty, so to speak, with doing such a task (creating a wrapper around a C library). I have experience doing so on Windows but none on Linux. However, I'm over committed as is. Hopefully someone else will step-up. I think it would make a fine extension to F-Spot.

Libdmapsharing (master, available from GNOME Git) ships with a test
application, dpapview, that can browse DPAP photo shares and demonstrates
the use of libdmapsharing (using Vala) from the client side.

That's really helpful and should make someone's job a lot easier.

cheers,

Tim