For those using Ubuntu 9.10:

Greetings list,

For those of you bothered by the current timestamp issue, and running
the latest Ubuntu: I have just made an Ubuntu package of F-Spot 0.6.1.4
available, which has been patched to not alter timestamps.

If this sounds useful to you, you may obtain the package via my PPA on
launchpad. See https://launchpad.net/~smcgrath23/+archive/smcgrath

If you'd prefer to wait for the official fix, then simply disregard
this.

Also note that when the official fix is released, I would guess that it
will probably result in skewing your timestamps one last time when you
start using the officially-fixed version. Your mileage may vary, always
wear your seatbelt, and as always, backup your import dirs and
photos.db!

Regards,

--
Steve McGrath