For those using Ubuntu 9.10:

Greetings list,

For those of you bothered by the current timestamp issue, and running
the latest Ubuntu: I have just made an Ubuntu package of F-Spot
available, which has been patched to not alter timestamps.

If this sounds useful to you, you may obtain the package via my PPA on
launchpad. See

If you'd prefer to wait for the official fix, then simply disregard

Also note that when the official fix is released, I would guess that it
will probably result in skewing your timestamps one last time when you
start using the officially-fixed version. Your mileage may vary, always
wear your seatbelt, and as always, backup your import dirs and

Steve McGrath
smcgrath23 gmail com