Re: Adding geolocation support

On Sat, 2009-05-09 at 15:59 +0300, Alberto Mardegan wrote:
>    I recently wrote a simple app to add geotagging information to JPEG
> files ( http://www.mardy.it/2009/04/geomappa.html ) and now I'm trying
> to have geolocation support in f-spot.

Hi Alberto,

Why not continue to contribute to the already started F-Spot geolocation
plug-in that is based on libchamplain?  libchamplain already have
upstream supported C# bindings and have been officially proposed as a
Gnome external dependency.  It is my understanding that you are working
on osm-gps-map because your hardware has no 3d acceleration.  May be
could you write your code in a way that we can switch to libchamplain
too?

The current plugin displays location of the selected images in a
sidepane too.

Unfortunately, the person who started this work didn't have time to
continue and I was planning to give it a shot during the summer.  But if
you want to take over, I'd appreciate :)

Join us back on #champlain on freenode!

Pierre-Luc