Backup thumbnails

I have my photo directory and photos.db backed up to a USB drive.  I'd
like to be able to use f-spot to view these photos -- that is, plug in
the USB drive on another computer and point f-spot at the database and
photos on the drive leaving the host computer's f-spot setup
unchanged.

But, I don't have the thumbnails backed up.  Can I back up the
thumbnails and also have f-spot use those?  I'd like to avoid having
f-spot recreate 10,000 thumbnails.

The other problem is that the URL in the photo.db database won't be
pointing to where the photos are mounted, although I suppose a
symlink will fix that or, as I've done before, using sqlite's replace()
function.

--
Bill Moseley
moseley hank org