Re: gconf for F-Spot?

2009/1/26 Stephane Delcroix <stephane delcroix org>:
>> 1) I would like the Import, Rotate, and other icons to be on the side,
>> not the top, of the interface. We have a widescreen monitor and
>> vertical pixels are valuable. I'd liek to eliminate the text from the
>> icons as well.
> no gconf key. but you can set in your system-wide prefs that you want
> icons without texts, or texts next to icons instead of below them.

I see, thanks. I do not have a full Gnome desktop installed, so I need
to know in which configuration file that setting is stored. I googled,
but it seems that nobody has been in this situation before (I found
nothing relevant). Would you happen to know in which file that setting
is stored? I went through ~/.gnome and ~/.gnome2 but I found nothing
that seemed relevant.

>> 2) Likewise, if the timeline can go on the side it would be great.
> no option for this. a vertical timeline is.... weird. but you can hide
> it.

I will make a mockup of a vertical timeline in Gimp and post it to
bugzilla for consideration. Weird has never stopped me before!

>> 3) I need to configure single-clicking for my manual disability.
> there's gnome accessibility layers that should handle this.

As with the first issue, I cannot find the configuration files. I will
check if there is a gnome-user or such mailing list and ask there.

>> 4) Other various tweaks, I'd like to see what is available.
> check Preferences.cs.
>
> but if there's no ui to change a setting, it means that it's probably a
> bad idea to try to change it.

I see, I will keep that in mind. Thanks.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com
http://gibberish.co.il

ا-ب-ت-ث-ج-ح-خ-د-ذ-ر-ز-س-ش-ص-ض-ط-ظ-ع-غ-ف-ق-ك-ل-م-ن-ه‍-و-ي
А-Б-В-Г-Д-Е-Ё-Ж-З-И-Й-К-Л-М-Н-О-П-Р-С-Т-У-Ф-Х-Ц-Ч-Ш-Щ-Ъ-Ы-Ь-Э-Ю-Я
ä-ö-ü-ß-Ä-Ö-Ü