Re: Moving disk files by export/import?

Bill Moseley wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 04, 2009 at 07:57:43AM +0100, Lorenzo Milesi wrote:
>> Il giorno dom, 04/01/2009 alle 09.42 +0800, Bengt Thuree ha scritto:
>>> Check the Change Photo Path extension...
>> exactly!
>
> http://svn.gnome.org/svn/f-spot/trunk/extensions/Tools/ChangePhotoPath/

> Anyway, I can imagine why the author noted that it was slow.  My guess
> is with 20K photos sqlite would do it in just a few seconds, if that.

This is a problem with sqlite.
sqlite does the update in a few seconds to a few minutes, but then it
takes a LONG time to actually update the database.
That is, the code executes very quickly. But if you do select in the
tables you will see it is not actually updated. If you also quit
f-spot/power of your computer, the tables will not be 100% updated. That
goes for all the code in f-spot though. With the jobs table this is not
so much of an issue, since if you power of the computer, the jobs table
stays there and will update everything once f-spot is up and running again.